photo ScreenShot2015-01-18at174727_zps7f130871.png

Saturday 3 January 2015

My Daily Skincare | Origins and Garnier



First things first.....HAPPY NEW YEAR GUYS and welcome to my first post of 2015!!


I thought I would share with you my daily skincare routine as I have very problematic skin and over the years I have found it very hard to find products that suit my skin and do not irritate my face. I have very oily skin (with a randomly dry forehead) and have suffered from acne since the age of 13; however it is also very sensitive and many products make my face dry and itchy.

Over the last couple of months my skincare saviours have been from the skincare brand Origins, which was introduced to me by my sister Claudia from Beauty and the Chic. I therefore thought I would share with you the products I have been using for the last couple of months.....so here we go....


Daytime Skin Care


Origins Checks and Balances Frothy face wash | Origins GinZing Energising Moisturiser | Origins Refreshing eye cream to brighten and depuff 

I start by washing my face with Origins Checks and Balances Frothy face wash. This little gem is perfect for faces that are both oily and dry as the clever formulation balances the two. It is described as a "gentle, frothy face wash that carefully does both jobs without cancelling each other out". It contains Broad Leaf Kelp Extract that discourages excess oil production and Wheat Protein that balances and protects dry areas. This face wash makes my skin feel soft and clean and it doesn't make my skin feel tight or irritated; also a little goes a long way. This is definitely a favourite of mine that will be a regular on my bathroom shelf. 

I then follow up with the Origins GinZing Energising Moisturiser and this is a moisturiser that instantly hydrates your skin. I love this moisturiser as it is lightweight, it absorbs really well and it is also oil free, which is perfect for my oily skin. It also contains skin-boosters including Panax Ginseng and Coffee bean to give you a "healthy, vibrant glow". 

The last product I use in the morning is the Origins Refreshing eye cream to brighten and depuff. I have to say I have not used an eye cream until now, but I will definitely continue to use one in the future. This eye cream makes my under eyes less dry and I find it easier to apply my makeup and it doesn't cause my concealer to crease. The eye cream also helps to reduce the look of dark circles, and the complex of ingredients "rapidly wakes up, refreshes and restores radiance to tired eyes". As much as I like this product I would like to try a different brand of eye cream, so if you guys have any suggestions that would be fab! 

GinZing Energy-boosting moisturiser - £23.00
GinZing Refreshing eye cream to brighten and depuff - £23.00


Night time Skin Care


 Garnier Micellar Cleansing Water | Origins Checks and Balances Frothy face wash | Origins Drink Up Intensive Overnight mask to quench skins thirst | Origins High Potency Night-A-Mins
In the evenings I start by using the Garnier Micellar Cleansing Water to remove as much of my makeup as I can. The benefits of this product are, it contains no perfume, it is hypoallergenic and is suitable for use on sensitive skin and delicate areas such as the eyes.  It is also very handy as you do not need to rinse it off your face. 

To make sure I have removed all traces of makeup I once again use the Origins Checks and Balances frothy face wash. 

I then follow up with the Origins Drink Up Intensive Overnight mask. This is a fairly new addition to my skincare routine as I have just started a course of medication (Isotretinoin) for my acne and a common side effect is very dry skin. This product from Origins is an intense moisture replacement mask that you use at bedtime. It contains Japanese Seaweed that repairs the skin's barrier to prevent future dehydration, and it all works whilst you sleep! This product makes my skin feel smooth and hydrated and I will continue to use it whilst I am taking my medication. (If you have used Isotretinoin or suffer from dry skin please let me know which products you find helpful. Thank you kindly!)

The final product I use at night is the Origins High Potency Night-A-Mins and I use this for added moisture after the Origins Drink Up Intensive Overnight mask. This moisturiser is packed with vitamins, minerals and moisture-rich replenishers for renewed and refreshed skin, whilst also helping with the appearance of dullness. It is quite a thick moisturiser but it absorbs well into the skin and leaves my skin feeling silky smooth; it also smells amazing. This is a moisturiser that is best for combination/dry skin, although they also do an oil free version that is suitable for combination/oily skin.



I hope you all had a fabulous Christmas and New Year and I will see you guys soon!

Which skincare products do you recommend?




5 comments:

  1. Origins High Potency Night A Mins is one of my favourites too, and yes it smells amazing! :)
    For eye cream I really like the Kiehls Avocado one but it is expensive. I made the mistake of buying the big one which turned out to be a big mistake as I can't get through it quick enough and the date on it is something crazy like 6 months I think. If you try it go for the smaller size.
    Amy x | A Little Boat Sailing

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Amy :) I have heard of that before, so I think I might give it a go. Good idea about trying the small one too :) .
    Viv x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really want to try the eye cream, it sounds so nice! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should definitely give it a try, I think you would like it! xxx

      Delete
  4. I could not refrain from commenting. Well written!

    For an awesome review please have a look at this page rosacea
    skin care - kerstincokermfo.wordpress.com -

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting! Check back soon as I will always try to reply. If you have a question, feel free to email me or tweet me! :)